Matric is the final year of high school in South Africa, and it is one of the most important years in a student’s education. The results of the matric exams determine if a student is able to pursue their dream career or not. Many careers require tertiary education, and admittance to a tertiary education institution is dependent on the marks obtained in matric.
With so much riding on a student’s matric results, it is no wonder that every student is eager to see how they did.
Here is a guide on how to check your matric results online in 2023:
- Go to the Department of Basic Education website and click on the “Matric Results” tab.
- Enter your matric examination number and personal details.
- Click on “Search” to view your results.
- Go to the SACAI website and click on the “Results” tab.
- Enter your candidate number and ID number.
- Click on “Sign In” to view your results.
- Go to the IEB website and click on the “Results” tab.
- Enter your exam number and date of birth.
- Click on “Submit” to view your results.
What to do next?
Once you have your matric results, you will need to collect your matric certificate from your high school. The school will usually let you know once it is available for collection. To collect your certificate, you will need your ID as the DBE has said that students cannot receive their matric certificates without their IDs.
Once you have your certificate, you can use it to pursue your dreams, either by applying to a tertiary education institution or directly for your first job.
If you did not get the results you need
If you did not get the results you need to get access to tertiary education, you need not worry at all. You can upgrade your matric results online with Elroi Academy. This will enable you to get a new NSC with your new marks after rewriting some subjects. This is fully accepted by universities in South Africa.