Jollof Rice is a popular West African dish that is both flavorful and filling. Here is a recipe for making Jollof Rice:
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions on how to cook Jollof Rice
- Rinse the rice with cold water and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped peppers, thyme, curry powder, and basil. Stir well and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir until the rice is well coated with the tomato mixture.
- Add the water and stir again. Cover the pot and let it simmer on low heat for about 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the heat and fluff it with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Jollof Rice with your choice of protein or vegetables.
This Jollof Rice recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!