KCA University, located in Nairobi, Kenya, is a premier institution of higher learning dedicated to empowering students with quality education and practical skills. Established in 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), the institution initially focused on offering professional accounting courses. Over the years, it has expanded its scope and evolved into a fully-fledged university, offering a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs.
KCA University is renowned for its strong emphasis on academic excellence, research, and innovation. The university’s commitment to providing relevant and market-driven education has resulted in a strong alumni network of professionals working in various sectors within Kenya and beyond. KCA University’s vision is to become a global leader in knowledge creation and dissemination, fostering a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
The university offers various degree programs in fields such as business, information technology, finance, and applied sciences. In addition to these, KCA University provides numerous professional courses, including Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Public Secretary (CPS), and Certified Information Communication Technologist (CICT).
KCA University’s modern campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities that create an ideal learning environment for students. These include well-equipped lecture halls, computer labs, a library, and recreational facilities. The institution also places a strong emphasis on developing students’ leadership and interpersonal skills, ensuring they graduate as well-rounded professionals ready to make a difference in their respective industries.
What courses does KCA offer?
Here is a list of some of the courses offered at KCA University:
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc IT)
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology (BBIT)
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Engineering
- Bachelor of Education in Business Studies and Economics
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Commerce
- Master of Science in Data Science
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology
- Master of Arts in Development Studies
- Master of Arts in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS)
- Certified Information Communication Technologist (CICT)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
Diploma and Certificate Programs:
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Information Technology
Is KCA public or private university?
KCA University, a non-profit, private educational institution.
Can I join KCA University with a C?
The minimum requirement for a Bachelor of Education and Arts is a C+ grade.
Does KCA offer accommodation?
No,KCA University operates as a non-residential institution. As a result, they have partnered with nearby hostels to provide accommodations for our students at specially negotiated rates, ensuring convenient access to the main campus.
Is KCA a Recognised university?
KCA University stands out as a leading private university in Kenya, holding accreditation from the Commission for University Education (CUE) for delivering higher education. Notably, it has been ranked as the top institution for employability, according to a British Council Report.