How to Select or Change Your NHIF Outpatient Hospitals Online
An NHIF card is a medical cover acceptable in most public and private outpatient hospitals. It allows you to change to your preferred hospital at any time. This can be done online, so you no longer have to make long queues at the NHIF offices. Below is how you can do this in the comfort of your home.
Option one (NHIF Website)
- Open the NHIF self-care portal
- Enter your ID number and press enter to continue. A unique Pin will be sent to your phone.
- Enter the unique Pin to verify your information.
- Select or change your preferred outpatient hospital including your dependents.
Option two (NHIF Self-care App)
- Go to Play Store and download the NHIF self-care app
- Click on services
- Enter your Identification number
- Request for a unique Pin, which will be sent to your phone
- Use the Pin to log in to choose or change to your ideal outpatient hospital
- A screen with a list of your dependents will pop up so you can select or change hospitals for each.
Option 3 USSD
Dial *155# on Your Phone. NB You don’t need to have credit on your line.
If you encounter any issues with the above steps, contact the NHIF offices through their customer care line or visit any branches.